Local Grant Application Requirements
***The 2022 local grant application period is now closed. Please check back next summer for information about applying for a 2023 Superfeet local grant.***
Our local giving program awards grants to non-profit organizations building strong foundations in the Pacific Northwest, home of Superfeet U.S. Headquarters.
Please read through the following information:
- For 2022, Superfeet will be awarding local grants in these dollar amounts:
Three (3) $10,000 grants
Two (2) $5,000 grants
Four (4) $2,500 grants
- The Superfeet local grant application period opens Tuesday, July 5, 2022, and closes Friday, July 29, 2022.
- All grant applicants will be notified of awards by September 26, 2022, with planned payment distributed in the 4th quarter of 2022.
- Applications are reviewed and grant recipients are selected by a committee made up of Superfeet employees.
- Preference is given to organizations based in Whatcom County, Washington.
- Applicants must be a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
- Superfeet awards local grants to organizations that are doing work to help people and the planet. To qualify for a local grant, your project or organization should help provide basic needs like food, housing or health care, promote access to outdoor spaces and/or help protect the planet.
- For 2022, we will prioritize funding projects or organizations that meet the criteria above and focus on at least one of the following funding priorities:
Provides a benefit to Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) and/or underserved populations in the community.
Fosters inclusiveness and diversity in the outdoors and/or promotes access to outdoor recreation among traditionally underserved or marginalized populations.
Protects and conserves clean air, water and wild landscapes.
- Recipient organizations should have guidelines and policies in place that encourage diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace, communities and services. Recipient organizations may not exclude access to services for individuals or discriminate on the basis race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- We are unlikely to award local grants to any of the following:
Animal rescues and/or shelters
General awareness campaigns
Professional association meetings
Government agencies or political organizations or causes