Runners are a special breed of athletes. To simply run for an extended period of time takes a certain kind of person willing to invest the energy to push their body to the next level. The reward, however, the runner’s high as it is known, is well worth the effort.
One of the biggest benefits of the sport of running, be it trail or road running, is that it does not require a lot of gear. Your running shoes are the primary piece of equipment you need.
But the benefits of putting insoles into those running shoes? Priceless.
The shoe may be the vehicle that gets you from point A to point B, but your running insoles are the interior of that vehicle that lets you do it in comfort and style – like a premium bucket seat for your feet inside your running shoes.
Running insoles can improve comfort, performance, and even help prevent and relieve some common foot ailments. That’s why Superfeet can be found in the shoes of runners worldwide, from couch-to-5K casual runners to seasoned marathoners and professional athletes.
What are the main benefits of Running Insoles?
Like any insole, running insoles offer a variety of different features designed to maximize each run. The materials used in the fabrication of Superfeet insoles for running shoes are created specifically for this activity and the insoles play an important role in providing many benefits to the runner, like:
- Improving the fit of running footwear
- Improving the feel of running footwear
- Improving the function of running footwear
- Reducing foot fatigue while running
- Resolving common foot and lower leg injuries
- Enhancing certain aspects of performance
What should I look for when getting Running Insoles for the first time?
When buying running insoles for the first time it can be difficult to know where to start. There are a lot of options, and the sheer number of benefits and materials can seem overwhelming at first.
The good news is there are just a few main aspects to consider when purchasing running insoles for the first time. A lot of it boils down to the different types of running insoles and how you like your shoes and insoles to feel.
Here are the main questions to ask yourself when buying running insoles for the first time:
- How does your running shoe fit?
- Tight, just right, loose?
- How are you using the insole?
- Run, walk, long distances, etc.
- What is your desired underfoot experience?
- Hard, soft, responsive, etc.
These simple questions will point you in the right direction and help narrow your search for the right insoles for running.
What makes Superfeet insoles for running different from the competitors?
We know there is more to feet than arch height. Every runner is unique, with their own needs and preferences. That’s why Superfeet makes a wide range of insole styles to fit every runner. Whether you like the feel of a structured orthotic or prefer to wear a cushioned insole that feels like part of your shoe, there is a Superfeet running insole to make your next run a little less painful and a lot more fun.
No matter which Superfeet insert you choose for your running shoes, you’ll get to experience the proven benefits of signature Superfeet shape. Trusted by runners and worn and recommended by medical professionals since 1977, the orthotic shape of Superfeet is built with three key elements that combine to give your feet and body comfort and support where you need it most:
- Rearfoot support: The contoured arch shape in Superfeet is felt further back than what you might be used to from a more traditional arch support. Based on proven principles of podiatric science, this placement is intentional, designed to enhance the way your feet are intended to move, dispersing impact and decreasing stress and strain on your entire body.
- Structured heel cup: The design of the Superfeet heel cup helps take the soft tissue already under your heel bones and cradles it together to make your own personal heel cushion, helping maximize your body’s natural shock absorption.
- Energizing foundation: Designed to be durable and withstand your hardest runs, all Superfeet insoles are built with an energizing, reinforced foundation. Like the perfect mattress, the combination of comfort foam with the base of stabilizing support help your feet feel as good at the end of your run as they do at the start.
What are the differences between RUN and ADAPT Superfeet lines?
Superfeet has two distinct product lines within our family of running-specific insoles:
RUN — These running insoles are built with a responsive EVOLyte stabilizer cap, giving them a structured and stable feel. The combination of the cap and cushioned foams in these Superfeet running insoles deliver exceptional comfort and smooth, efficient energy transfer through your gait, from foot strike to toe-off. These insoles for running deliver a more stable, supportive feel under the foot. It offers what we like to call a higher “dose” of Superfeet shape – you can feel more of the insole contours under your feet when they are in your shoes. If you want more support and maximum responsiveness from your runs, then look no further.
ADAPT — These insoles maximize your step-in comfort by offering a luxurious, cushioning-first ride for your run. They help reduce foot fatigue, have a minimal break-in period, and deliver a lower “dose” of Superfeet shape. If you are all about comfort and cushion or are brand new to wearing insoles, Superfeet insoles featuring Adaptive Comfort Technology are for you.
Both product lines are built with the signature Superfeet orthotic shape, made to deliver exceptional comfort and the seamless transfer of energy throughout your foot on each step. At Superfeet, comfort is king (not just a saying – that notion is backed by science).
So, regardless of the technology and features, it really comes down to what feels the best under your specific foot.
The main differences between the RUN and ADAPT insoles revolve around your personal preferences and history with insoles. Let’s take a closer look at the features and benefits of the individual insoles within these product families:
- These are lightly structured, not overbuilt, cushioned running insoles made to feel like part of your running shoes. They are designed using Superfeet’s patented Adaptive Comfort Technology. This means that these insoles flex and adapt to your foot's natural motion for a smooth, easy ride while providing cushioning in every step. You can’t go wrong with these insoles for a run and are a great starting point if you are new to wearing aftermarket insoles in your running shoes. Choose ADAPT Run if you prefer a thinner profile or have less available space inside your shoes. Choose ADAPT Run Max if you like to feel a little more shape and contour under your feet — it has a deeper heel cup and higher arch profile than ADAPT Run.
- For a premium fit and structured feel, look no further than Superfeet RUN Comfort insoles. They help runners reduce foot fatigue while gaining efficiency. A responsive EVOLyte carbon fiber cap and two layers of AeroSpring Rebound foam combine to deliver exceptional comfort and smooth and efficient energy transfer through your gait from foot strike to toe-off. Get the most out of each run with these insoles.
- As the name implies, these insoles are designed using women-specific dimensions and they work really well in women’s running shoes. This can help female runners reduce foot fatigue while gaining efficiency. A responsive EVOLyte carbon fiber cap and two layers of AeroSpring Rebound foam create a comfortable and efficient footbed for maximum responsiveness. Women, get ready to run with these insoles.
- Go light with this insole that is 20% thinner for a slim, versatile fit and feel. These deliver maximum comfort in a thin profile while helping minimize foot fatigue. The responsive EVOLyte carbon fiber cap and a thin layer of Aerospring Rebound comfort foam combine for a smooth and efficient energy transfer throughout your gait, from foot strike to toe-off. If you are looking to keep your insole sleek while providing comfort, this is a great option.
- If running and pain go together for you like peanut butter and jelly, consider these insoles. They are designed to address common foot, arch, and heel pains, including the common pain from plantar fasciitis. These running insoles even come with a removable heel stabilizer to personalize your support and get the pain-relieving shape closer to your foot. Kiss pain goodbye and enjoy your runs again.
Superfeet has already sweated over the fine details of every insole made for running shoes, so that when you are lacing up for a quick jog or long-distance trail run, you can focus on having fun, not on your feet.
What can Superfeet insoles do for you?
Aside from getting the most out of every run, Superfeet’s structure and shape can help alleviate foot fatigue on long or short runs. They are hands down the best insoles for athletes.
They can also help alleviate or resolve foot and lower leg injuries such as plantar fasciitis, heel pain, shin splints, patellofemoral pain syndrome, Achilles tendonitis, and IT band syndrome.
Here are just a few of the many runners and athletes who have found support and pain relief using Superfeet insoles:
"Super comfy and really helped relieve the shin splints I had! I have flat and wide feet and these were recommended to me by a sports medicine orthopedic surgeon."
– Laura K. | ADAPT Run
"I recently developed plantar fasciitis, with these inserts I am back on the road again. Great cushion and support!"
– Thomas P. | ADAPT Run Max
"Using RUN Comfort Women's in my Pickleball shoes and they work great! The thinner profile works much better than the regular insert for me."
– Denis R. | RUN Comfort Women's
"Great product, I wore them for over 12 hours, and my feet felt fine afterward. The size fits perfectly and hug my feet well. The comfort level was 10 out of 10."
– Phuc D. | ADAPT Run
So, if you are looking for insoles to take your runs to the next level, from 5Ks to Ultra Marathons, consider slipping a Superfeet running insole into your shoe. You won’t regret the investment in making the most out of each run.
Find the best Superfeet running insole for you
Need more help choosing?
For an in-person fitting to help you find the right Superfeet for you and your running shoes, visit a local retailer that carries Superfeet insoles. Or, take the Superfeet insole finder quiz – answer a few quick questions and we’ll recommend the best Superfeet for you and your activity.
Get ready to take that running high to a new level and find the next step more comfortable than the last.
See you on the trail!
- ADAPT RunCA$44.99 Regular Price CA$49.99
- ADAPT Run MaxCA$44.99 Regular Price CA$49.99
- RUN Comfort Women'sCA$53.99 Regular Price CA$59.99
- RUN ComfortCA$53.99 Regular Price CA$59.99
- RUN Comfort ThinCA$53.99 Regular Price CA$59.99